We've designed our heaters to be easy to install, requiring 1-2x 4" building penetrations - similar to installing a dryer duct or the coolant lines for a mini-split - and mounting of the heater to the south facing wall, similar to mounting a big picture frame. Installation can typically be done with 2x people in about 1 hour with the right planning and tools.
If you feel uncomfortable installing your heater yourself, these steps will help you find a contractor or handyman who can do the work for you. Costs for contractor installation range from about $150 - $350 typically.
1. Get the email & phone of your favorite neighborhood handyman or general contractor. If you don't have a go-to guy or gal, consider using a online directory such as Yelp, or asking a friend for a recommendation.
2. In talking with the handyman, let them know the job will consist of making two 4" building penetration's on a (ideally) south facing wall, and mounting a 42" x 69" solar panel with provided mounting brackets. Provide them with a copy or link to our installation manual for the 750, 1500, 2000 or 4000 series heaters.
3. Order the heater from our website, or email us for a custom quote. 750 heaters will come UPS ground. 1500, 2000 and 4000 models will come freight to your residential address:
4. Schedule a install date / time with your installer. They will need to provide ducting and duct covers into the indoor space, both of which are available at any big box hardware store.
5. With the heater properly installed your ready to enjoy years of fuel free heating for your space! Any additional product support or parts are available in your owners / installation manual, and from our website.
If you need help finding a installer for your area, please do not hesitate to send us an email and we will check our network for recommendations or help build a list of qualified contractors for your area.